kisah si kerani

Now I know why during Induksi we were reminded to frequently check our progress and our Fail Peribadi from our school clerks from the first day we report ourselves to schools until we are ready for our pension.

Reasons being :
1. Clerks are humans too. They can be forgetful and careless.
2. It is our right to check and see our files for our own contentment and also to double check.

I just got to know that I haven't got my Pergerakan Gaji yet (while some others have got theirs) and after today, if I didn't check with my clerk, I wouldn't know that she has been keeping my Surat Pengesahan Lantikan for almost 2 months. Two freaking months! Can you imagine? I should have checked with her earlier.

I was worried sick when other Ipbarians have long received theirs and I, who went for my interview around June last year didn't receive mine. I checked my status online and clearly it stated that my letter, dated 18th Nov 2009, was sent to me via my school. So I lay the fault on her. How can she forget such important document?

Oh, and did I mention that once she wrote my JPS number and the date when I reported myself wrongly? It was that one time when another fellow teacher decided to check her file that I decided to tag along. I was really thankful we did.

I am just relieved that everything is almost sorted out, but after what happened, I am constantly paranoid and worried of any future carelessness. Apparently, this particular clerk had done so many mistakes in the past which affected so many teachers regarding their PTK and their pengesahan.

I pray that mine will be spared from any of those.

3 Replies:

livingblossoms January 25, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

I feel your pain tasha! The keranis I've been dealing with for my study leave apparently, all of them have some sort of cancer (took so many MCs that it must have been something chronic right?), are illiterate (don't know how to read letters or e-mails correctly what more respond to them), deaf (they never answer the phone) and downright mentally challenged (you have to guide them step by step when its part of their job scope and they do it every day). Thus, I have learned to never, ever trust any of the lower staff, especially if its concerning your career/future.

me January 25, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

kan? it's really difficult when they don't make it easier for us.

Jarod Yong January 25, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Good advice to always double check your files.
Some of them may work hard but being lesser paid & educated, they WILL make mistakes.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)