a ride on the wheel

We went for our first (complete) family outing yesterday. We decided to bring mama out for some fresh air and Mid-Valley was the place. Although mama is now stronger, she still walks at a very slow pace and she couldn't afford to walk for a long time. So we decided to push her on the wheelchair we got from the concierge, despite her initial resistance.

It was quite an experience for all of us having a family member being wheeled in a public place. We received looks and stares from people which I took as sympathy. As for me, I didn't mind the slightest bit. Coincidentally, we encountered many people on wheel chairs which was quite surprising. We joked that they all wanted to keep mama company so that she won't feel like an outcast hehe

After a while, she got used to it. She thought it was kinda fun and such a 'ride' it was. At one point, mama needed to go to the ladies and so my brother said, "Haa, apa kata mama pergi toilet disabled since you're on a wheelchair?". Thank God mama laughed ! -- something which we try not to make her to since laughing causes mama to feel pain in her lower abdomen.

I'm happy that she's in good spirits and let's hope that she will be even stronger! InsyaAllah.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)