green with envy

Truth be told, I don't think I am a jealous girlfriend. Jealousy has never been an issue as far as our relationship is concerned, mainly because I trust him, and he does, too, in return.

But when I do get jealous--and this resentment which surges quite suddenly--I do not expect it to be over a guy. Yes, I am jealous of Rizal over his guy friend which he has been spending time with more than he does with me. No, this guy is not gay, I know for sure because he has a girlfriend of his own. I just feel that he's been turning to him almost on everything, especially when his gf is not around.

At times, I feel like I'm making mountains out of mole hills. Of course, there's nothing to worry about, but why it seems difficult to shake this feeling off? I don't know what is it that makes me so jealous. I don't mind Rizal spending time with his other buddies, but at the mention of this one name, I get very disgusted.

A dear friend of mine who used to be close to him said he's indispensable. And the only way she got away was that she fled overseas and not tell him. No, I am not joking. She actually did, but she was lucky because it was around the time she had to leave to further her studies.

As expected, Rizal just laughed it off when I told him my suspicions. I don't know if I did the right thing by confronting.

Am I even acting rationally? Or I might be simply overreacting.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)