a facelift

Remember I wrote about my school's Language Lab before?

It is now upgraded to Bilik MBMMBI and it experienced a wonderful facelift! I am so excited about this room that I want to share it with you.


All the four subject panels; Bahasa Melayu, English, Mathematics and Science, worked together to upgrade this room - all of which were done while I was on maternity leave. All air conditions were fixed, walls were painted, and every nook and corner was filled with wordings, pictures and useful teaching materials for each subject.

Let the pictures do the talking :




The Science Kiosk




My students enjoying scrabble on their last day of schooling



Teaching materials and board games





I love how the room has a very laid back feel to it - no tables and chairs and there are a few kiosks or small stations where students can do group activities together. Plus, it is very spacious so I don't have to worry about space when doing groupwork which requires my students to move around. As the room is not situated at the main academic block, it is a perfect place for me and the students to go to for a new teaching and learning experience.

I brought my Form 1 students to this room during the examination week to carry out their PBS. As my Form 1 students are 42 altogether in a class, this room definitely caters to the big crowd (and the noise they make).

I really really hope this room will not be vandalized and stays for long because it is such a perfect teaching and learning environment and the kids love it!

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)