A Day to Remember

Last Saturday was my brother's Graduating Ceremony. Wouldn't miss it for the world so right after my morning slot at my school's Perkhemahan Perdana Unit Uniform, I rushed home, got ready as fast as I could, and off we sped to the venue to meet my family who were already there. It was held at Institut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Bahasa-bahasa Antrabangsa, formerly known as Institut Perguruan Bahasa-bahasa Antarabangsa (IPBA). It was also where I did my Degree (Twinning Program).

We reached just in time for the certificate awarding ceremony. We were seated in the auditorium as only parents were allowed in the main hall.


We received live feed from this projector which didn't really do us justice as the screen was yellow most of the time and it went off many times. Luckily it got fixed quickly and it was smooth towards the end.

Then, came the time that we all have been waiting for - his valedictorian speech!


It was indeed a terrific speech. I am not saying this because he is my brother, but really, he delivered it in such a way that it gave me goosebumps; I am sure others too. Even Pamela Coutts, the Associate Professor in Education at Macquarie University came to me and said how terrific his speech was. If that didn't move you, I don't know what is. It was an emotional moment as well, seeing him on stage, with such confidence and pride. Like many others, I (obviously) shed some tears. When he ended, the hall applauded joyously.

Farouk has always been a high achiever. He left his legacy in his previous school. So, it's no surprise that he continued to soar with excellence in his undergraduate studies. On that day too, together with his other five friends, he received two awards; the Best Student Award and Top Scholar Award throughout his 6 years of studying.

He made us all very proud, especially my parents.



They were even featured in the newspaper !



Below are other pictures during this joyous and memorable day :



Had a chat with Pamela Coutts who then was busy cooing Luqman :)



While waiting for Farouk outside the hall



Madam Zamrudah aka Nana Z came over and held Luqman :)




Four of us




One for the album :)

Congratulations Farouk for successfully completing your 6-year Degree program and being admitted the degree of Bachelor of Education with First Class Hons.!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)