5 months

My boy turned 5 months on Monday.


Went for his monthly check-up yesterday.

As usual, a meeting with Dr Koshy is always fun. He started his usual procedure before jabbing Luqman with the routine immunization.


This time around, Luqman was a little anxious with Dr Koshy. This I realise especially when he's around unfamiliar faces. He let out cries even before he was brought to the bed and started crying once being laid. Needless to say, the cry was so heart-wrenching once being jabbed *tsk*

All in all, Luqman is growing well. He now weighs 7.2kg and he has grown in length too. His growth is pertinent to the weight-per-age percentiles.

Just to share his milestones/development :

*Noticeably more active and alert
*Reaches out and grasps things entirely on his own initiative
*Babbles more and more; experimenting with all sorts of noises
*Sleeps through the night by now and is awake at sunrise - eager to start the day!
*Loves to be lifted to a standing position
*Rolls over ALL the time!
*Loves lying on his tummy with arms and legs waving like he is swimming
*Able to raise himself onto his forearms and lifts his chest a little longer
*Loves mouthing an object
*Find delights in mirror play; smiling at his own reflection (I wonder if he knows that is him he sees in the mirror)
*Loves the old favourite - peekabo and tummy tickle
*Seems to inch bit by bit backwards!

I am just so thankful and blessed to be able to witness these competencies. It is such a fast-paced marathon of development, but knowing that he is actively involved with his surroundings just gives me that gratification that can't be explained.

Anticipating more major milestones! We love you so much little boy!

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)