Saturday

Last weekend, after many contemplations, we decided to brave through the Mom and Baby Expo which was held at Mid Valley Convention Centre.

I am very proud of our timing because we managed to leave on time and alhamdulillah secured a parking once we reached.

As expected, the place was like a sea of people and I began to get a panic attack of some kind. That's how packed the place was. Alhamdulillah, Luqman behaved really really good and he even fell asleep by himself, which made the search for things a breeze.


The last time we went there was last year.

Anyway, I personally think the expo was better this time. There were even more booths that offered variety of baby essentials which were irresistable. I had to restrain myself from simply grabbing things from the shelves. A look from my husband reminded me that we don't need the 'wants'.

As hard as it was to simply walk pass the booths, I did just that and got myself just the ones that I truly needed (milk plastic storage, nursing bras) and some for Luqman (sleeping suits, stroller padding, food cube, a few clothes).

All in all, I am happy with what I bought. I am now in love with the Jinggle Jungle milk storage. I used to buy the ones from Autumnz, but after using JJ, I think I am going to stick to that from now on. It is more sleek, compact and I like the texture :)

Then, we had lunch at Chilli's.


That's when Luqman decided to be cranky hehe

Right after that, we left for DEMC as Luqman's skin has developed some kind of dry blotches. It has been a few days. We got worried so we decided to get him checked.


The service that day was unsatisfactory as we had to wait for an hour for our turn. Luqman became cranky as he was obviously tired from a day's outing. I was beginning to get grumpy, too.

Anyway, my instinct was right. The doctor said that Luqman is suffering (well, SUFFERING is too strong a word. He is not exactly badly affected. Experience maybe?) mild eczema. Poor baby. As it turns out, he has sensitive skin. He cannot be in a hot condition or his skin will be all red and those blotches will appear.

I realised that once he stopped using Cetaphil, his skin develops these. I guess we have to continue using medicated baby bath and lotion after this. Thanks to you Paan, I now have all kinds based on what you suggested. Prevention is better than cure, right? We hope his skin will get better and we can't wait to hear what our paed has to say during Luqman's next check up.


My Ah Luke hehe

- Posted using BlogPress

4 Replies:

L May 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM  

tasha, bleh try brand sebamed.

and bleh try tgok ape yg u makan before..
maybe ade yg luqman sensitif.
macam nuh, el xbleh makan laksa, sardin
nanti die akan kuar bintik2 merah..

me May 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

Yup, nak try tp kena habiskan cetaphil dulu. Jaga jugak mkn, tp so far ok je.

Luqman tak boleh panas sebab dia berpeluh especially kepala nanti naik merah2. Kena sapu cream AQ yg doc prescribed. So far, ok.

Yang kering2 tu tatau mcm mana timbul, perasan2 je dah ada.

Jarod Yong May 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM  

You should ask the Paed about his skin issues. Perhaps it's just his skin adjusting to normal conditions?

me May 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM  

Yeah, we can't wait to hear from him soon :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)