oh crab!

After weeks of seeing it being featured on Warung Kita and Jalan-jalan Cari Makan, we finally set foot on the infamous Mee Ketam Kuala Lumpur, Section 7 Shah Alam. It was for ayah's birthday dinner yesterday, since he has been wanting to go here real bad!

As the name suggests, the menu is basically crab-based, with a few other seafood included like fish (only Ikan Bawal) and udang galah, and a few pasta menu.

My dad and I ordered their signature dish - Mee Kari Ketam.

Only RM4 - the portion is just nice and the crab is fresh and very sweet! The curry is good, but not exceptional.

My sister ordered white rice+chilli crab, my husband had white rice+crab curry and my mum settled for Crab Fried Rice (no pictures taken, though).

We also ordered the Udang Galah Masak Cili.

We had 6 of them. The dish wasn't what we expected - it was overflowing with gravy - but it tasted good (not excellent) nonetheless.

And so, the eating session began. A lot of peeling and sucking involved!




As for dessert, the Lai Chi Kang is very satisfying.

So refreshing!

My only complaint would be the stools. They're too small and unstable especially for a pregnant lady like me. My bum and back were in pain after sitting on it for too long.


Overall :

Quality - 3.5/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Cleanliness - 4/5
Worth the money - 3.5/5

The food is good but not exceptional, but I say give it a try.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)