lost it

This time, I really lost it. I surprised myself with how I actually reacted and that outburst yesterday wasn't something that I am proud of. They just couldn't be bothered. My existence is unacknowledged. They have other things which are far more important than at least trying to learn English.

I could have controlled myself, but apparently I couldn't. I was literally shaking and the next thing I know out came string of words which I wished I hadn't uttered. But like I said, they couldn't be bothered. I pity them. I even said they're pathetic. Do I wish I didn't say those words too? I don't know. Partly yes but partly I felt guilty.

I don't know. They're extremely a difficult bunch. And a violent one too. I tried but I can't seem to succeed. I need to remind myself why I volunteered to take them again this year, despite a terrible time they gave me last year.

4 Replies:

Jarod Yong February 11, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

Dont be guilty.
Prepare yourself with some pertinent & sharp points for the next time they tick you off.
Sometimes students need tough & LOUD love.
Show them that you've got teeth.

I do it quite often.
haha~~

alin February 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

I rasa kan at one point tu mmg you akan lose it sbb like you said, dioarng difficult to deal with. Last year pon sy ada mengamuk jugak, haha kat year 2 and Year 3 kids lagi. Kalau ikutkan, haha diorang kids, ape lah salah diorang sampai nak ngamuk gitu kan. Tapi kadang2 kene buat gitu baru dia start respect kite as a teacher.

Sekarang saya kurang marah2, tp banyak saiko student balik. Kalau budak tu tanak buat keje, I just told them, 'Takpe, kamu yang rugi. Cikgu tak rugi' or sometimes, 'Kalau kamu hormat cikgu, kamu buat. kalau kamu tak buat kerja, cikgu tau kamu tak hormat cikgu.' So selalunya diorang akan terdiam and start buat keje lah. Hehe.

Ape-ape pon, good luck ye. We still have a long way to go.

thecuriousmind February 11, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

You sembur your students?

Anonymous February 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

i feel u tasha...i've uttered a few regrettable words too.words meant only for the minorities at that moment. but this bunch didn't even understand what i was saying anyway. wat rugi perasaan marah n suara je.

they definitely pushed our buttons!penat2


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)