because I care

I am suddenly reminded of a close friend. Actually, she has been popping into my mind countless times before but I just didn't want to think about her. Thinking about it now, I wished I had put more effort and took necessary actions to reach out to her.

Not that she's in some kind of a trouble (I hope so), but I think she owes me some explanations. I don't know what exactly that went wrong or what went through her head, but I know I needed to know. I tried calling and sms-ing but there was no reply. At that, I decided to stop bothering.

I think most of our small circle of friends needed to know. The last time we met (some time last year), she shocked me with a piece of news which left me angered. And the last time we talked, we were supposed to meet but due to unforeseen circumstances, we didn't. And after that, I can only wonder what she's been up to.

I can always try contacting her again. I know I can. There are even other possible ways of reaching her. But I don't know what's halting me. I guess being the one at the receiving end, I am afraid to know.

As for now, I can only pray and hope that you will be at your finest and that you'll be spared from any problems.



The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)