in this life

Friends close to me would know how much I lurrvveee Delta Goodrem. Love is not even apt to describe my adornment towards her.

Because of her, I've made them went up the wall for singing her songs far too many times a day. Because of her, my friends have come to accept that Delta is not so bad after all (and some actually liked her). Because of her, they actually accompanied me to see her in Big W early in the morning only to go back empty-handed because the line for autographing was way too long. Because of her, the 2008's Commonwealth Games was the best just because she sang the game's song (and the song was stuck in our heads for God knows how long!). Because of her, I received her latest CD and her autobiography book for my birthday 2 years back. Because Delta is not a household name in Malaysia or even in America, not many are aware of her existence. Even if some do, it's probably because she's married to Brian McFadden (the ex-member of Westlife).

So when my colleague played Delta's video In This Life on her Blackberry yesterday, I was so shocked to know that she actually knows her! And that just brought back the memories. So, to Nisa, Syada, Durra, Ana, Jaime, Fatin and Fariza (and others who had to put up with my capricious admiration of Delta), this video is for you. Come on admit it, you guys like her too right hehe And I know you love this song as much as I do.

You give me love,
You give me light,
You show me everything
That's been happening,
I've opened up my eyes,
I'm following three steps fight an honest fight,
Two hearts that can start a fire,
One love is all I need in this life.



3 Replies:

Rosyada February 23, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

they're married?? wow

yes, tasha, we do love her (because we love u!)

me February 24, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

they should be! haha

auwww thanks syada.i love you too. i still remember once you said, "lawa sangat delta ni tasha!" hehe

Anonymous February 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

haha. tasha! i haritu cr kat youtube video almost here yg concert mcm dalam cd u tu! haha pastu dengar ulang2 jenuh sampai malam. kesian housemates i!

btw. i miss u heaps!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)