old hopes for a new year

2010 is tomorrow and I can't help but wonder if I am ready to leave 2009 behind. The year seems to pass so fast I don't know if I had lived it to the fullest. But I survived it. And I know I had good things directed my way. I don't intend to dwell on how 2009 has been, apart from the fact that I had completed my first year of teaching though I doubt I had championed it. If I were to sum up 2009 in a few words, it would be 'fast and furious' because it is indeed very fast and the ride throughout had been furious. I've learnt my lessons.

So. For 2010 I hope to make it a more exciting year and I pray that opportunities will come my way. I wish to give more to others (not just in teaching) and try to be happy. Really really happy, that is. I want to lead a simple and carefree life. I want to be positive and optimistic about things. I really want to step out of my cistern which I have so carefully built, and be able to take risks. I want to do something. I want to try something different, something which will bring me contentment; something which I can prove myself. And I hope to mend all friendships which I have neglected, buddies which I have taken granted of by making distance an excuse though they are all just a call away. I wish to be a better friend. And of course a better teacher and educator to my dear students.

May 2010 be kind and let's hope that it will be a more thrilling journey. Happy 2010!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)