finally!

SPM finally ended today, which means I am done with the invigilation. Yes, I was on duty until the very last day which left me green with envy of friends who had started rejoicing a week earlier.

Anyway, as much as I had anticipated for this day to arrive, it is certainly a day which left me a little sad too. Although I don't know the students personally, I have developed a fondness towards them. For the past 10 days, I have familiarized myself with the exam routine. I have come to know the faces of students who always requested to go to the toilet, those who needed more extra papers, and others whom I exchanged friendly smiles with.

When the Ketua Pengawas announced that students are welcomed to shake hands with the rest of the Pengawas, we were swarmed! Now, I didn't see that coming. The girls came to us, shook and kissed our hands, and thanked us for taking care of them throughout the examination. I felt a lump in my throat. They look very young and innocent! I could have almost hugged them. I know we won't be seeing each other anymore. God's willing, our paths might cross one day. I wished them all the luck in the world.

And did I mention we were treated like we were some popular stars? Oh yes! They asked for our signatures and took pictures with us until I could feel the numbness on my lips for smiling for too long. I will always remember them as the first group of students that I invigilated. To have them as my students will be a dream come true!

SPM aside, today is also the day when I will be leaving for Australia!! I'm going with my sister (yes, just the 2 of us) to pay Farouk a visit. I hope everything will go on smoothly and hopefully no calls from school (fingers crossed!).

3 more hours to go and God's willing, I will return in 1 and a half week's time!

1 Replies:

Jarod Yong December 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

Enjoy your holidays!
You deserve it!
=)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)