The end of Ramadhan

Syawal is approaching very soon. I'm feeling as excited as I am sad that Ramadhan is leaving in less than 2 days. Is this a well-spent Ramadhan than before? Well, I certainly hope so and I make du'a constantly that Allah will accept my prayers, my deeds and my fasting.

I remember during ramadhan last year, I was 4 months pregnant. Thankfully I was very fit to fast and I only skipped a day of fasting due to fever. I managed to perform the terawih at the nearby surau despite the swollen feet and my legs' refusal to stand for a longer time during prayer.

This year, I am fasting as a breastfeeding mum. The experience is way different but equally challenging. I had my worries but alhamdulillah I am fit to fast. Though exhausting, I praised Allah for the strength He has given me to go through every single day and the rezeki He showered my son for the sufficient milk produced. There were days when I thought of breaking my fast, but alhamdulillah I managed not to. Tapi memang sayur at the end of the day :) Managed to perform the terawih this year, too, at home with my companion, Luqman by my side. If he's behaving, I'll just let him play on his own while I tried to finish my prayer. If not, most of the time I'll start praying after I have put him to sleep or I'll stop after the 4 rakaat and feed him or just play with him for awhile and then continue. Either way works for us but there are also days when I'd join him into slumberland due to fatigue :)

And as of today, I have never skipped my fasting yet. If God permits, this year will be the first year ever that I will score full of a month's fasting (!). However, I am still wondering too if my menstrual cycle decides to play hide and seek this month by appearing really late which got me into a worrying state but I shoved that idea even before I could dwell into it hehe I guess it's because I'm eating less plus I am breastfeeding, so the hormones are just giddy :)

InsyaAllah, with just less than 48 hours away until Ramadhan is leaving, let us all strive harder. And let the first day of Syawal be a day of true content!

3 Replies:

sd. August 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM  

Selamat hari raya t and family!

Jarod Yong August 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM  

Wow! What an experience!
I guess it was tough but rewarding, eh?

Selamat Hari Raya! =)

me August 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM  

Sayda : same to you too! :) enjoy our first syawal with our little one!

Jarod : yes, definitely rewarding! Thanks for the wish and enjoy your holidays! :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)