Good things

Like previous years, us, homies will make it a point to meet up at least once during Ramadhan. Over the years, the quorum has never been complete, but that has never stopped us from continuing this tradition.

Yesterday, we decided to meet after Isya' for a drink and a catch-up session at Pappa Rich. It was just the 5 of us with the absence of Iwani who is now residing in Miri, Hudah who is in the States, Hidah and Syikin who were away for a course, Nadia who can't seem to join and Shaf who is in Terengganu.

The time when we mommies could leave as our babies were already asleep :)

Farhana was not in the picture
Pictures by Nazliah

Though it wasn't for long, I certainly had a great time with them, just like old times. It felt good to unwind, laughed harder than I normally would, and just listening to each others' stories. Perfect.

**************

This morning, after Luqman woke us up at around 2-ish, and I successfully put him back to sleep, I chit-chatted with my husband while lying down. Suddenly, this feeling of warmth and giddiness came surging- I felt like we're teenagers again. You see, I realized that we hardly spend quality time together these days, or simply laze around without having to worry about our baby waking up soon. Having a baby really occupies us that we hardly have the time to ourselves.

This Ramadhan, I would be totally knocked out come Isya' and it would be such a feat to even bat an eyelid. By the time Rizal comes home from Terawih, most of the time I would already be in slumberland and he would be left alone without a companion (poor him). No matter how many times I promised not to fall asleep and wait for his return, I will always find myself waking up in the middle of the night and saw him by my side, already asleep.

So that simple mindless chat was to me, a definite luxury, and like a compensation for the times lost.

Then I was feeling unusually hungry. Sensing that we both will not go back to sleep anytime soon, he suggested that we had our pre-sahur meal together -

*

*

*

*

*


The Korean Kimchi-flavoured noodle! Oh nyums!!-


while watching the Olympics :)

Priceless.

2 Replies:

Jarod Yong August 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM  

WOW! Havent seen them for such a long time!

How were they?

me August 13, 2012 at 5:08 AM  

Everyone's doing just fine :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)