The eyes of a boy

Everytime I watch my son sleeping, it's either I feel like crying or it puts a smile on my face. Sometimes both. That heavy breathing knowing he is deep in his slumber and the innocence that shines from his face overwhelm me at times.

There were times when I had to slap myself to make believe that yes, that's my son I'm adoring. Our offspring. Wow. Alhamdulillah!

8 months is a period not long enough but I have learned to be the best of a mum to my son. He has taught me a lot about patience and sacrifice that they have instantly become second nature. It's not easy, but knowing that it's for his and your own good, you don't seem to care anymore.

It scares me all the time that I will not be able to give my utmost best, that I might one day fail. This is huge, raising a child that is. It's a clean sheet given to you and the next step is up to you to make it a beautiful one. And what better time to start when they are still very young. Huge responsibility, right?

Being a mom, too, has changed my perspective on a lot of things. Alhamdulillah, I am able to improve myself on a few things. Still a long way to go, but I am going to try to further improve myself in and out.

Life is never smooth sailing but having a child makes it even more worthwhile. It reminds you of the the things that you do every single day.

And it all makes it even more meaningful by just looking into the eyes of a boy :)

1 Replies:

Jarod Yong September 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM  

Indeed. Being a parent can change a person.
Kudos, Tasha! =)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)