Public holidays

When I was younger, public holidays were much looked forward to, especially if they had to do with national celebrations e.g Merdeka Day, Pertabalan YDP Agong, Hari Tentera and what not. Together with my siblings, we would rise early from bed and sit infront of the telly to watch the live telecast.

However, the excitement fades as we grew older. Now, public holidays are still very much looked forward to, but for the sole purpose of relaxing and an excuse to have breakfast in bed and laze around a little longer.

Yesterday was no exception. Thank God Luqman decided not to wake us up early. So my husband and I did get our extra sleep before waking up to our baby's cries.

Then, together with my family, we headed to my mum's kampung, in Kanchong Darat Banting. It's been awhile since I went back for a visit and finally we managed to make plans and yesterday was the day. Plus, nenek has been asking a lot of Luqman. Kesian pulak.

A trip back to Banting always bring back good memories as I spent quite a portion of my childhood there. Though the surroundings have changed, the warmth and familiar feeling remain the same. Can't believe that the house which was built on stilts then changed to bricks is now aged more than half a century!

I am just glad that I still have a place I can call my kampung. And to top it all, I still have both mygrandparents around; who are granted long age and a prosperous life to have witnessed me got engaged, married and finally gave birth to a baby boy, adding on to their countless number of cicit! Alhamdulillah!



Onyang and cicit moment :)

- Posted using BlogPress

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)