scary traffic encounter

We were at the traffic light in Shah Alam earlier today when I witnessed something, shall I say, scary.

When the lights went green, all cars were slowly starting to move. That's when a car started honking non-stop. I was annoyed because you know how impatient some drivers can be. Like can you wait for a second? It's been green for only 3 seconds for God sake!

That's when I saw what seemed to cause the never-ending honking. The car infront didn't budge. Hurmm, poor driver, I thought. Something's wrong with his car and his eardrums are about to burst.

As our car passed the immobile vehicle, I saw something which totally caught me by surprise.

The driver was unconscious!!

I'm telling you, you'd be downright deaf if the honking didn't put you to wake. And it's the way his head landed slightly forward to the side of his window tells me that he's not sleeping.

My heart beat really fast. As we were already a few metres ahead, I couldn't see what took place right after. The honking persisted, still. I wished the honker would at least see for himself what's happened.

I hope the driver is fine and that he's probably just too beat up to even bat an eyelid.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)