here and there

Last weekend was quite eventful. It was fun going here and there with the little one (though exhausting) but the fact that hubby wasn't around made my heart dropped a little. He was away for his best friend's wedding in Malacca throughout the weekend so yes, independence was called for. But of course, I have my family to thank as they helped me handle Luqman, alhamdulillah.

On Saturday, I attended a dear friend's wedding in Cheras. I am so touched and grateful that ayah was willing to drive me there and the whole family tagged along. Despite the traffic jam that we had to endure for a whole hour leading to the venue, we made it just in time for me to meet the celebrated couple and other university friends.

The bride - Ana and the groom - Rusyaidi. Congratulations! At the far end, Dayah, who is going to be a mum soon!

Me and the to-be mums, insyaAllah :)

In the evening, we all had dinner at Tony Roma's just because we (my sister and I) felt like eating ribs. This time around we ordered moderately and we didn't over eat, alhamdulillah. I wished hubby was around since he loves Tony Roma's very much.


Luqman, on the other hand was a really good baby with his occasional crying. Biasalah kan baby. So we took turns attending him.

But mostly, we let him be because he has a current obsession -

- sucking his fingers! I can't even let him wear his mittens nowadays without them being soaked with his saliva. Sigh.

That night, we all went home with a full stomach and I went to bed wishing for Sunday evening to come fast.

On Sunday, we attended the aqiqah ceremony of my friend's daughter whose name I love so much - Khayra Latifa. Again, I asked my siblings to accompany me. My brother drove us there.

My chaperones. Tq! (My brother is home for the school holidays btw)

Loved the candy section (the fondant cake was so de.li.cious) and the cradle. So lovely.


And the food was just superb. We loved the lamb and the desserts. I was reminded by my brother to eat moderately haha Luqman was behaving really really nice (yela, sempat dapat upah dalam kereta) and he only merengek when we were about to leave. Didn't get to snap a picture with dear Khayra as she was cranky too.

It was great to finally meet you Kay after a year, I guess? And your baby is so adorable!

We left after that to another wedding and then they dropped me and Luqman at my MIL's house and wait for hubby's return before we went home together.

So there, my weekend.

Fun. Tiring. But it was well-spent.

1 Replies:

kay kamal March 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM  

Ya,has been a while since we last met. N nw we r all mommies! Time really is envious of us


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)