walid

I have come to realize that quite a number of my friends have lost their fathers. Some only recently and very unexpectedly. As one who follows some of their blogs, I can absolutely feel their pain and sadness. There's a tinge of remorse in their posts too as a result of thinking that there will always be another day, until it is too late. I have gathered that taking one for granted is never to be done especially if it's your family members.

I can't help but think of the 'what ifs'. Just the thought of not being able to see my father anymore easily makes me shudder. Because I cannot not see him for a day although we might not spend that much of a time together.

Ever since that one time when ayah was sick, I get very alarmed whenever he complains of a backache, or if his arthritis seems to bug him more than ever. As one who hardly complains, we can tell if ayah is in real pain or not. That is why I can get very emotional especially when my dad starts using the oh-so-cliche phrase "Bila ayah dah takde nanti...". Almost immediately I can feel a lump forming in my throat and I get all teary, which is quite dramatic I would say.

Seeing friends whose fathers (or parents) are sick really touches my heart. I have witnessed how terrible and testing a phase it was to one of my close friend. But she was lucky because she got to spend every single moment with her mother and took care of her (she quit her job) until that fateful day when she finally left all of them.

I have learned that when it comes to your family, sacrifices will bear its fruits - although sacrificing might appear difficult to some of us. So let us all pray for our parents' health and prosperity and that they will lead long and fulfilling lives. Amin.

2 Replies:

Jarod Yong May 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

I'm glad you started to appreciate your parents while they are still around.
Some people only know what they have when it's gone.
**hugs**

sd. May 22, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

mana cite pasal wedding prep?

B-)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)