uncertain

I think I might have just said yes to a post which I am not even sure I want.

Before the holidays, my PK Koko had popped me with a question and it caught me off-guard that I told her I needed some time to think about it.

During the holidays, I didn't really think about it much. It came to mind and it went just as briefly. Honestly, I didn't know what to think. Setiausaha Ko-Kurikulum is such a high post (one sits among the pentadbirs) and it is definitely demanding that I don't feel like I'm the best candidate. For the most part, I don't think I am ready for the workload which is synonymous to the post. And so, I put it at the back of my head until I was asked again today (Ingat dia dah lupa).

She could tell that I sounded hesitant. It's not even a 50-50 kinda thing. More like a 15-85 ratio, the latter being how much I don't want it. Truth be told, I am flattered to be offered such post. Seriously. What more, I was recommended by the previous PK Koko -- which came as a surprise when she told me about it. It's just that I don't think I am ready. There are just so much to do and I am afraid I won't be able to do it right.

But, on the other hand, I have this tiny urge to say yes because it's now or never. It would be great to learn how to manage things and know a little or two about how the whole thing goes in the school as far as co-curriculum is concerned. It kinda thrills me a bit. But that would also mean sacrificing much of my time.

And so when she asked me again if I was interested, I said yes (quite reluctantly)-- on the basis that I am here to learn more (yeah right) and that I can't do this unless I have a mentor (demanding pulak kan?) or someone whom I can work with together. Of course, she replied yes la kan. And she was one happy kitten when I left her room.

Oh boy. I don't know what I've got myself into. Should I even be grateful?

5 Replies:

Anonymous September 3, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

Hi Tasha! I'd been a Setiausaha Sukan for almost 7 months (that's b4 I've been transferred to morning session). The workloads were considered acceptable for me as a new beginner=). Maybe because I'm the head for afternoon session only.
Since I'm now at the morning session, the post is no longer mine. But I still happen to be one of the 'important' figure when it comes to Sports & KoQ. So far, it'd never bring me a problem. Alhamdulillah=)
But being the setiausaha KoQ is far more superior than setiausaha sukan=p My workloads were uphill only before the Kejohanan Sukan Tahunan. After that, there's not that much to deal with.
My colleague who happen to be a setiausaha sukan is also a new beginner like me. She told me her job and I guess it wasn't that scary. (If you think they're too many)
Congratulations & don't worry! I'm sure you'll do great^_^

Anonymous September 3, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

u should be grateful~ heheh.. mmg workload sangat banyak but you'll get other teachers to work with you (s/u sukan, s/u mss, ketua unit beruniform etc etc...) and s/u koko selalunyee disayangi oleh pk koko and you would not have to be heavily involved with HEM's work or LADAP, RIMUP and such...

from my experience laa....

seronok jd s/u koko i tell u! *wink*

Nisa...
hehehe....

sd. September 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

all the best- TEST babe!

me September 3, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

ain & nisa : oh wow. thanks for such insight. somehow I am a little motivated but I guess I will have to wait till next year when I actually start work. no wait, i might have to start even at the end of this year jugak huhu to prepare for next year's agenda. btw, thanks a lot ya!

sayda : thank you!!

Rosyada September 3, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

wah, semua alumni IPBA pegang jawatan dahsyat2 ni :-p


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)