Raya this year

I have to say that this year's Ramadhan seems to end so fast. In fact, too fast. The next thing I know, Syawal is just one day away. Wow. That being said, I don't think I have utilised the Holy month fully, although this year was so much better than the one before.

Last year, I didn't even buy any baju raya. I wore my mom's -- the one she used to wear during her slim figure years haha I bought myself a pair of shoes (my dad paid) and Rizal bought me a handbag -- 2 dalam 1 as it was also a gift for my birthday.

This year, after much consideration, I got myself a decent baju kurung on the first day of puasa itself. And I was so relieved. I don't know. I think I might have come to a point where I simply dread shopping for raya. Or probably because I have other ultimate priorities in hand that shopping for raya just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Or maybe, I am becoming more thrifty as being financially independent means I have to support whatever yearnings I have myself.

And that's just about everything that I bought this year. I don't really mind. I am happy because I am not channelling my early paycheck into buying things which I might regret. I could really use with a new handbag, but I couldn't find any which really suit my liking. After all, I've bought 2 new ones this year. There's no harm in reusing.

This year, too, will be the first year I will not be getting any green packets from my dad. Instead, my parents will be getting them from me! It gives a whole new feeling, that sense of responsibility I'm beginning to adapt. I know my sister will be smiling gleefully come that morning!

Also, it will be a year when the family is (again) not complete as Farouk won't be home for raya. I'm not sad, but of course, his presence is very much missed. I still remember what it felt like celebrating raya away, but I know I had a blast. I'm sure he will too. After all, feeling sad isn't the way to celebrate eid.

So, Selamat Hari Raya to everyone! Please forgive my wrongdoings, be it intentionally or unintentionally.


Have a great raya!

8 Replies:

Rosyada September 19, 2009 at 1:34 AM  

selamat hari raya tasha!
:-)

Jarod Yong September 19, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

oooo~~
how old is your sister?

me September 19, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

syadaaaa!! selamat hari raya to you, too!! enjoy your break ok.

jarod, she's 17. still a long way to go till she'll be the one giving green packets hehe enjoy your break!

Farouk Harun September 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

rina!!! miss u!! =)

mamau September 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

This raya was my first time giving green angpaus and buying raya stuff for my siblings. I felt content when seeing their faces light up while trying on the new sampin (beli kat WCY by the way!) haha..

tapi lepas balik kampung n visit sedare mara, kita ni pokai, while our younger siblings punya poket gets fatter!

Ummu Yousuf September 29, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

tasha! eid mubarak dear!=)=)
*hugsss*** all the wayyy frm down under!=)

me September 30, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

mamau : yess, pokai!! hehe but like you said, it's the contentment which transcends everything chewaahh!

tmc : eid mubarak to you too tmc!!

ejatbani October 9, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

oh tasha!slamat hari raya. u know wat?i, too, didnt hv bj raya last yer. in fact since last 3 rayas. n i cannot wear my mom's, unlike u, coz hers is SS size and mine? ok. enuff said. n finally dis yer, i got ONE bj raya. itu pon i tempah d baju a day before raya, n got it 2 hours after dat. tp still, alhamdulilah, ONE baju ry finally. btw, i cn imagine ur sis's face on dat raya morning. coz i have dat face too!ngehngehnegh. im still getting duit rayas and im like 7 yers older than her. how lucky is dat? :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)