bila rindu

It's been almost 8 months now since my brother left for Sydney when it felt like it was just last week we bid our farewell in KLIA. And it actually took me this long to feel that longing feeling, to admit that I am missing him very badly.

I still remember how I didn't cry at all when we sent him off. In fact, the whole family didn't. He didn't, too. We joked that all the tears had been drained due to that one time when I was being sent off. Oh boy, did we cry or what. But I guess we weren't that worried because we knew he would do fine. After all, he'd been there once, so he is saved from the cultural shock.

I can say that we are close. Not very, but suffice to say that we have that brother-sister bond, truly. I told him some of my secrets and he told me his. But normally, it was all incidental, not intentional. It always eases me when I talk to him just about anything -- normally ramblings and complaints -- because I know he would just listen, and not comment. Because that is simply what I need. And I love him for that. He knows just what to do. And I miss that of him.

At times, I feel like I am not being a very good eldest sister because he seems to take care of me and my sister very well. But I am thankful because he should be, shouldn't he? After all, he is the only male sibling and the only son. The responsibilities are on his shoulders and I can say he is carrying them very well.

I can go on and on about him but that would mean an endless post which will bore you. My point is, I miss his presence. Very much.


All the more reasons to look forward to December :)

5 Replies:

Jarod Yong September 8, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

I'm sure he misses you too.
=)

Haneesa September 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

December? are you going there or is he coming back?

because my brother is in Adelaide and we are going! heheee

My brother takes better care of me than i do of him too.

i think we are lucky :)

me September 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

jarod : yeah, he does. he says it more often than i do haha

kakak : me n my sister are going there. he will only be coming home in jan. yes, i guess we're lucky after all :)have fun over there!!

Rosyada September 11, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

wah, tasha, u pergi sana? bestnyer!!!

Farouk Harun September 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

i just read ur post..
i miss u too rina! only Alah knows how much i miss you..
n this post..i really appreciate it..really am..
i would never take or ask for anyone else to be my sister..
i love u..=)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)