The fever is here

The day I worry is finally here. Luqman's been down with fever after 10 months.

His body's temperature was unusually high last night which kept both my husband and I alarmed. I gave him the medicine which his paed prescribed - it finally is being consumed. Then, We decided to wait until this morning and monitor his condition throughout the night.

His temperature was still high so we decided to bring him to the clinic. Husband was worried because we do not want him to have a fit - just like our nephew did the last time he had a fever even when his temperature was not that high. I forget about school (it was actually the fifth formers' Graduation Day today anyway so I don't worry that much) and off we went to the clinic at 7 am to avoid the traffic. 

It pains me to see him sick, really. He is his usual self, his appetite is okay and he still wants to breastfeed. He is still active but at times he cries uncomfortably and he has difficulty breathing.

He is now soundly asleep. I hope he gets well soon and that the fever will now stretch to days. 

His first tooth is probably peeking out, that's why :)  
(Yes, at 10 months he still hasn't had any teeth yet in case you're wondering)

3 Replies:

sd. November 1, 2012 at 1:36 PM  

Get well soon Lumi. Muizz pun dah pernah demam that day. As early as 3 months. I was really worried that time.

Jangan pakai kan pakaian. Just let him be in diapers je and keep on basahkan badan dengan kain basah. He will get better soonner insyaAllah.

me November 2, 2012 at 3:24 AM  

Thanks Sayda. Did just that :)

Jarod Yong November 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM  

Oh my! How is he now?


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)