work that body

I have never felt so certain in my life (except for the time when I decided to get married, obviously). This decision is something that I am very sure of, made not so much after long consideration in fact. It sort of just hit me right away.

I got the support from mum although my husband is still not saying yes or no.

I have decided to .......
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
..... get myself a treadmill!!!!



Oh yes I do!

You see, after I got married, I hardly go to the gym. In the course of 3 months, I have set foot only twice. In fact, a month before I got married, I have slowed down my visits because I was too tied up with the preparation. Now after, everyday I vowed to go to the gym but after an exhausting day at school, I would normally take the route back home.

My life after marriage pretty much changed my daily routine. While I could easily go to the gym anytime I want before, it's not so easy anymore now. I used to go for my favourite classes, BodyStep and BodyAttack twice a week but those classes normally end at 7.30pm. Being single should not be a problem as I would then take my shower and pray there. So coming home at 8pm is not an issue. Although some would argue "what seems to be the problem now?", I say I have bigger commitments. Going to the gym is not my priority anymore.

I personally do not want my husband to be coming home without me around and without someone to greet him at the door. Oh yes, I do that everyday. I want to be able to prepare him dinner and not for him to just heat the food I've left. Besides, dad has, on numerous occasions 'advised' me to stop going if all I do is pay the bill every month but never go. Very true isn't it?

This ultimate decision of wanting to buy a treadmill is something that I think would be a very good long-term investment. I could continue working out in the comfort of our home, anytime that I want to. It's quite sad thinking that I would have to end my 4 year-membership with the gym, where I have come to know a few nice souls. The thought of leaving those classes I love is definitely sad, but I'll be okay. There's always Astro Lifestyle :)

So, the hunt for the perfect treadmill has begun!

5 Replies:

Jarod Yong February 19, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

I know what your husband is thinking.
He's too nice to say no to you.
Seriously, a treadmill is a waste of money.
Go to a park or a stadium. The fresh air & sun will do you good.

Besides, the exercises that burn the most fat are interval running. Something you cant do efficiently on a treadmill.

Save your money for a new Prada.

me February 19, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

I know you would get the support from my dad and my husband. You see, i tried. But i dont seem to like the outdoors much. It seems like i'm making excuses, i know haha but for now that's my ultimate desire. Who knows i might change my mind and just head to the nearest park and start running :)

Jarod Yong February 19, 2011 at 2:45 PM  

I started out with a friend. We'd do it together most of the time until I started to enjoy it & did it by my own.
Perhaps the same formula would work with you

Umm Khadeejah March 6, 2011 at 10:51 PM  

hahaha tasha how come i rase bile kite beli threadmill kite takkan naik pon??
years back my family bought satu bende macam air bicycle..we got excited mule2 and naik everyday but after 2 months...all of us got over it and stopped.then skarang dah dalam store!it has something to do with having it at home and feeling like..ahhh you can do this tomorrow~

think again!i rase la hihi

me March 7, 2011 at 9:40 PM  

jaime, you have point. i'm still considering. thanks! :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)