Peking

Beijing, 2010

Beijing is not the usual place a couple would normally go for a honeymoon. So it's no surprise when many seemed to raise an eyebrow in curiosity (eyeballs bulging, even) when they were told of our honeymoon spot.

Honestly, it wasn't our ultimate choice of honeymoon-ing either. Come to think of it, we didn't really have a specific place that we really wanted to go for our honeymoon. Bali was definitely not in the list. Thailand didn't seem to appeal much. We almost booked ourselves in one secluded island in Sabah, but decided to cancel the plan.

After much discussion and research online, it sort of decided that Beijing would be our destination. We thought a taste of winter would do us good. Since it would be my husband's first trip overseas (and our first as a married couple, obviously), the trip was very much looked forward to.

We traveled there in a tour group (PotoTravel, we love Poto!), much to everybody's protest. I get what they mean, it wouldn't be so much of a honeymoon then would it? But, we didn't seem to mind.

All I can say is Beijing was an eye-opener and a total fun - in - the - cold experience. I'm glad we went there. I will update more on our trip in the upcoming posts.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)