A Second Chance

I toiled for days, wondering the starting point to my story/entry.It was tough on me.Where would I begin? It was a difficult and emotional path for me, walking down memory lane and pushing forth as I was stepping on hot coals all the way.

Not many knew that two months ago,on my way home from work, I experienced one of the most terrifying moments of my life with my second daughter, Adeena. One second we were happily chit chatting, and the next thing I remember, I swerved to the right and the  we were upside down rolling inside the flipped car, which landed 90 degrees on the opposite lane.

I really felt that both of us were going to die. Only that, we didn't. Judging from how everything happened and the fact that both of us cheated death with only minor injuries, I have no one to turn to but only Him. 

Every moment changes us. The accident was totally unexpected, really, and the shock and trauma of it was astounding. I remember thinking very clearly; I understood everything going on, but I was hyperventilating with my left hand stretching out to grasp Adeena with my mouth constantly saying, "Allah! Allah! Allah!" I will forever remember the cries that came from Adeena and the way she cried my name.

As terrifying as that moment was, I will forever remember the great kindnesses of the helpers. I don’t know who called the police, but I am so very grateful to them. The police, the countless good samaritans who helped and be in authority was greatly reassuring. I never caught the name of the lady who were really kind to look after Adeena by the roadside and the one who sent us home, but the lady was so caring and I hope that I could see her again to thank her. One man helped me to settle issues regarding my insurance and another helped to get my husband's car off of the road. Everything was truly eased despite everything and I pray that they all know how thankful I am for them during my husband's absence. 

**In the time of the happening, my husband just took off on a plane for work and you could imagined how he felt when he was informed of what happened to us a few hours later**

Enjoy the time you have been given. Things can change so quickly. An instant will change your life forever. I am fortunate in the fact that I was not physically altered by my incident, but that could easily have not been the case. I could have died or lost a limb. I could have lost my daughter and vice versa. And I remember teasing my daughter and said "I refused to talk to you" because she didn't want to return the teddy she took back from her school before everything happened in a split second after that. Imagine if those were my last words to her. 

I still shudder thinking about it. A thud or a simple bump made me jump out of my skin. I never take that route again. 

I know He is trying to talk to me. Everything that happened was truly a wake-up call. He wants to rectify my mistakes and make me see clearer of life after having my eyes washed in tears many times. True, the car is lost, but I know I have gained a greater strength and faith; and I believe a greater gift awaits. 

3 Replies:

Rosyada March 28, 2017 at 6:36 PM  

Ya Allah
Tasha...
I'm so thankful that you and Adeena are safe and sound after that horrifying accident.
*hugs*

me April 6, 2017 at 11:54 AM  

Thanks Syada. *hugs*

Nur Syazwani Mohd Raidzuan June 10, 2017 at 9:02 PM  

Allahu...Alhamdulillah you and Adeena are fine. May Allah bless you and your family always...Semoga dalam lindungan Nya always. Amiin..


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)