Babywearing

When I first decided that I would babywear my second baby, I never would have imagined that I would marvel at its convenience and the fact that wearing my baby gives me that sense of confidence.

I started off with a wrap when Adeena was a newborn but I thought it was quite a lot of work; wrapping and getting ready took a lot of my time. 

When she was older, I got myself a ring sling, which was okay to wear. After awhile, my shoulder hurt and Adeena was getting heavier. Ring sling wasn't such a good idea anymore. 

Finally, I got myself a soft-structured carrier (SSC) when Adeena was bigger, her back was stronger and she can tilt her own head. Looking and browsing for the perfect SSC was, to me, like a kid having to choose his favourite candy in a candy store. There were just so so much to choose from. Every single one just caught my eye that I couldn't settle for one perfect one.

After much deliberation and discussion with le hubby, we purchased one from Boba.


The best purchase ever.

I look forward to wear my baby everytime we go out. No hassle of assembling another stroller and outing is such a breeze and just so fun. I have my baby close to me, close enough to read her cues, attuned to her movements, facial expression and gestures. And getting her to go to sleep is so easy. 

I can be close to my girl, and still attend to my boy with babywearing. Sibling care is easier!


Babywearing is such a great bonding tool not just for me, but for my husband too. I like it when he wears our girl (too bad no picture here haha). It is so apparent that the two are forging a strong attachment. Just melts my heart.


Of course, babywearing is a skill. There is indeed a learning curve with babywearing and one that I am still adjusting and acquiring. I am itchy to get myself another one but so far, I haven't gotten the green light. Yet. Haha


I can say that I am now a babywearer. I truly support this natural and universal way of handling your baby because of its many benefits, alongside with its relation to attachment parenting.

I would really promote babywearing if you are expecting another one because it is so much easier to start with a newborn rather than your running toddler. They are not used to being confined. At least Luqman is. We tried wearing him and only succeeded once. He didn't like it. So, carrying Adeena and getting her used to being worn has never been better. Of course, do your research first, read, ask around to get more information on babywearing and not just jump into the bandwagon of babywearing by getting unnecessary commercial baby carriers that might not be of good value to you and especially the baby. 

4 Replies:

Hidayati Farhan January 26, 2014 at 4:48 PM  

my mom said kesian kat baby sebab kaki dia kena kangkang macam tu. that's the reason why i x babywearing. I pun takda buat research ke apa. tp bila tgk org mcm mudah je. xperlu nak bwk stroller and leceh2 bila ke mall. gonna try for the next one. hihi

Unknown January 27, 2014 at 8:08 AM  

best! seriously aritu dh nak beli tapi....bila naufal menjerit2 xmau..alahai letak la balik .lepas ni kena berguru dengan u k if nak beli n try guna :-)

me January 27, 2014 at 3:05 PM  

Hidayati : Actually the M shape kangkang is the right and safe position compared to the crotch dangling one. Yes, u should read and do your research first. all the best! I am sure you will love it too :)

Hidayah : I pun still berguru lagi ni haha insyaAllah mana boleh tolong, I tolong :)

sd. January 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM  

was first afraid that Muizz will refuse to be baby wear. but Alhamdulillah he loves it.

well when i wear him je la. but kalau abi nye he refuses. maybe mummy's is always his favorite haha


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)