mother of two

Being a mother of two so far is...well, to be honest, a little bit of everything. 
 
It's been only 31 days and I am trying my level best to cope with the sleeping pattern, nursing both my babies, dealing with instantaneous crying to name a few. Emotionally wise, let's just say that I have to constantly remind myself that I am better than this. They say patience is part of Iman without nothing. 

Being the mum makes me feel very important as my babies rely on me so much despite having the dad around. He doesn't breastfeed, if you know what I mean. The attachment is definitely stronger. I am not complaining, no, but it does take its toll at times, like how (very) exhausted I'll become and the only wish is to get enough sleep (wishful thinking?)
 
Luqman, being the elder sibling at such a young age, well, what can I say? He is such a darling and he seems to know that he now has a sister. There is never a day that passes without him not planting sloppy kisses all over Adeena's face. Her cot is where he heads to everytime he wakes up. Sometimes I feel bad not being able to attend to his needs all the time as Adeena is the priority for now. Yes, he does throw tantrums as a result (that's the unbearable part, really) but I am so thankful that I have my husband and my family to calm him down and to attend to him when I couldn't.
 
Adeena, on the other hand, is not a difficult baby to take care of. Being a baby that she is, she only cries when she's hungry, needs cuddling and diaper change. And for that I am so grateful and relieved. It's just that her jaundice is prolonged and her reading was quite high after a few days of life that made caring for her a bit tough as we had to constantly frequent the hospital for her blood to be taken. Alhamdulillah, she is all fine now. 
 
On top of everything, I can say that I have the best support system one can ever asked for. My husband is such a gem. My family (mum especially) has been the greatest help that I don't know what I would do or become if she's not around. Tak tertanggung rasanya *sobs*
 
So,yes, being a mother of two has just starting to reveal its challenges.
 
Here's to another 13 more days of confinement and a joyful parenting journey ahead, amin!

3 Replies:

Unknown May 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM  

hang in there and always remember that patience is the key =) love you sis!

Syajaratuddurrah May 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM  

super umi insyaallah!

me May 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM  

Farouk : Thanks brother!

Durra : insyaAllah :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)