moving out

It gets really frustrating coming home to an empty house for most of the working days now. I can't blame my mum and my sister really for they had to be out to ensure that everything is under control. They had to shop for house necessities whenever they have time and check on the workers for if they don't, our moving out will be further delayed. And I should really be thankful to the both of them as they are the ones who have been packing and packing that the house now is considered bare.

We were supposed to move into our new house late last year, but due to acceptable circumstances and CF issues, we are still here. Being one who has never moved houses before, this whole packing and moving thing is still new to me. I still can't get over the fact that a lot of work is involved. Now I really regret having so much personal stuff. If going through each and every single item is already not torturous enough, now I have to decide if they should stay or go. It is such a difficult situation, really. Hurmm... And I can't believe I still have things from 3 years back! Menyemak sungguh!

I wish I could help out more but given that I come home almost 5 pm everyday and considering how jellied I'd be at that time, I normally save it for the weekends. But come weekends, we will be busy with some other things that packing is forgotten. There are just so many more things to pack. Rasa nak chuck everything out just to see my room cleared up.

I guess the most fun part of moving out is shopping for my bedroom furnitures. Masa ni lah baru nak rasa IKEA best sangat sebab ada pelbagai options and rasa full sikit sebab this time around pergi IKEA bukan sebab nak makan spaghetti meatballs semata but to actually shop for furnitures haha It's even more meaningful sbb tu kira shopping sekali for perabot kahwin yang Rizal serahkan sepenuh kepercayaan kepada saya sebab he trusts my taste. Actually he's saving himself from the nagging, I know.

I can't wait for the school holidays because I can get so many things done--mainly packing. So my main aim is to finish marking the test papers this week juga so that the holidays will be freed from any school-related stuff yang memeningkan.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)