Happy 7 months

I remember the day my daughter was brought into the world. When the nurse gave her to me fresh out of the womb for our first skin-to-skin interaction, I took a peek at her thought to myself how she bore the resemblance to his brother. But I knew, she would be different and special in her own graceful way.

And yes indeed she is.

Soraya Adeena, from her early days, wasn't that difficult to take care of. For the most part, she was 'quieter' than his brother used to be and such a soft baby where her cries and coos are concerned. It was difficult not to fall in love with her, despite her small frame and light weight. When we were admitted due to her increased reading of jaundice, I swear it was the toughest 3 days I had to endure but it was the most beautiful moment spent as she was with me 24/7. I could feel the bond was so strong that throughout the days we were warded, she was all I could think of.

As a mother, I think the connection with my daughter is just amazing. I don't quite know how to express it but subhanallah, it is beautiful. When we looked into each other's eyes, I know she is telling me that 'Ummi, I need you and I love you". I just knew it. Her body gestures, her smiles, her chuckles are so bewitching! And the times when she would move slowly towards me in her sleep, put her cute little fingers on my arm as if reassuring me that 'Ummi, I am here don't you worry'. And how she would start her little whines as a sign she wants to be fed. MashaAllah, such are Allah's amazing gifts!

I could go on and on about my precious daughter but obviously I won't because they might not be of interest to some of you (hehe). And I, by no means are showing off as these are written out of love and for the sole purpose of sharing. 




What I am trying to get at is that, 7 months have passed from her being a helpless little infant to a perfect, healthy, beautiful baby who is progressing very well mashaAllah! Everyday is a discovery and I look forward to each achievement with so much eagerness.

Soraya Adeena, happy 7 months baby girl! Ummi and ayah and abang Luqman love you so much you have no idea. Thanks for making me a mum and thanks for changing my perspective and being. And thanks for letting me know that love knows no boundaries and sacrifice is my utmost priority. 

 

May you continue to grow a good muslimah herein and hereafter and a star that shines everyone's lives in goodness insyaAllah!

Doa Ummi tak pernah putus untuk Adeena and Luqman :)

 

4 Replies:

FaaFalina November 11, 2013 at 4:32 PM  

Lovely post!

Macam mana rasanya dapat anak perempuan ye Tasha, haha.

Happy 7 months old Adeena! Auntie Faa belum lagi berpeluang nak tengok Adeena.. :)

me November 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM  

Rasa seronok Faa, alhamdulillah!

insyaAllah ada rezeki, this cuti kita jumpa ok :P

Nadia Bakly November 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM  

I was smiling reading this whole post! until rasa nk menitik air mata when I read this "Doa Ummi tak pernah putus untuk Adeena and Luqman :)"...how true! And oh yes, having a daughter is simply amazing kan!!! Not that boys tak best but they are so different yet quite the same as siblings pun yer. Girls are so manja (not manja sekepuk bossy like the brother), delicate, soft, very good and oh my the list goes on. I really feel you babe! tapi adeena ni muka sape ni? hehe

me November 15, 2013 at 4:29 PM  

Kannnn???

I think she looks a little bit of both her Ummi and Ayah hehe


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)