Swimming experience

Luqman had his first swimming experience during the last Raya. He was about 8 months at that time. No professional was hired, it was just us being his coaches ;)

I initially wanted to let him swim earlier but you know lah, my mum, "He is still so small, cannottttt" not knowing that it is perfectly okay for babies as early as a few weeks to swim. They have what is called the swimming and diving reflex. But it's okay, we adhered and decided to wait till he was at least 7 months.

So when we went for a raya holiday in Malacca, we decided to give Luqman a taste of the pool.



He hated the arm floats

He was okay in water but we dared not let him go underwater yet.


It was Luqman's dad I was quite worried for hehe






We're thinking that we should have gotten the round waist float instead because the bulky arms sort of limited his movements. Will get them later for his next swimming session.


Looking forward to more swimming sessions ya, little boy?

6 Replies:

Jarod Yong October 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM  

How nice!
I would have probably learned to swim if my parents did this with me. hahaha~~

me October 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM  

I am sure now you know how right? Hehe

Jarod Yong October 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM  

Still dont. hahaha~~

me October 7, 2012 at 5:56 AM  

Errrr okayyy. It's still not too late to learn! Haha but hey, u know how to dance gangnam style!!

Nadia Bakly October 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM  

Neck Float? ;) Can float him without holding his body. Biar dia rayau2

me October 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM  

Good suggestion. Thanks! ;)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)