friend in bleed

I sometimes wonder how friends can eventually drift apart and silently loathe each other. Because I've been in one too many situations that I just don't know what or who to blame.

Circumstances are most likely the culprit. But I think we allow the awkwardness to swamp us, leaving us cold and silent.

I did what I had to. Although it's not always my fault. But I'm done, because the other party never seems to think that they're wrong, that they are always right. Even if they're not. Sometimes, saying sorry should not be the hardest thing.

I guess people forget that being selfish and highly egoistical just add on to the scar. Because a conscience, a genuine conscience is all it takes to close the void.

But you know what's worse? The fact that we still see each other and fake that friendly smile and hugs, like it's something that we can't avoid.

And in the end, we still call ourselves friends. Pathetic, much?

2 Replies:

Jarod Yong February 2, 2011 at 12:10 AM  

wow~~
It's sad to have friends who you know deep inside are not real.
Why keep them in the first place?
Either open up to them & make the relationship authentic or stay away & let time pull you apart.

me February 7, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

i've done the first before. it did neither of us good. right now, i'd like to just stay away and put my guards on. i think i might be just as egoistical because, once bitten twice shy. i'll just try not to let it affect me too much. not worth dwelling on though thinking of the friendship built over years of knowing each other makes me wonder what could possibly be THE reason for all of this *sigh*


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)